|Neale Donald Walsch|
Pic courtesy: http://www.nealedonaldwalsch.com
Regarding the Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsh - I want to mention here some of the highlights that really impressed me from these three books.
• There is no right or wrong as far as God is concerned.
• The difference in good and evil exists only to show us what to choose for ourselves and also since we need a point of comparison. If evil does not exist we will never know the value of good.
• Whatever happens in our life is something we have unconsciously or consciously chosen to happen.
• There is nothing called sin. We are all playing roles in a worldwide drama. The script is written by us, the actors ourselves and the audience is God. He laughs with us, cries with us and feels each and every emotion that we do, just as we feel the emotions played by the various actors in a play or a film. And same as we feel detached when we leave the theatre, he feels detached once a particular show is over.
• Death is not the end of existence. The soul lives on. In fact, the soul lives forever. There is no hell. The soul gets back to God the moment a body dies, just like a homing pigeon. That’s all there is to it. There is nowhere else to go.
• God has only the ability to imagine and create. He cannot experience anything. That is why he has created human beings, in his image and enjoys the experience through them.
• God loves us whatever we do; however we do it. But one thing He is clear about is, avoid hurting someone else.
• We are made up of three parts – the body or the conscious, the mind or the subconscious and the soul or the super conscious. They all have different functions to perform.
• The body is made to exist over a very long period of time. Hundreds of years, in fact. Drinking, smoking, etc. spoil the body. Otherwise they are not sins.
• Eating flesh of animals - God says that He would not call it wrong. First of all, we do not have the power to kill animals. Only God has. If one particular chicken or pig or cow is killed and eaten, it is possible only because the soul in it has agreed to give its body away as food to someone.
• Using silk or leather - Well, He says it is not wrong. Only the soul that feels the extreme need to reach God does not like the idea of unnecessary killing.
• Suicide and abortion - He says that He does not consider suicide wrong since there is no wrong in the Kingdom of God. Abortion is not possible without the consent of that particular soul in the womb. It can be done only if the soul has come into that body on that particular agreement.
• The mind exists in every single cell in the body. The average man uses barely 10% of his mind. Our modern education and our religions have made us so rigid and unbelieving that we cannot believe in the power of the mind.
• The soul does not exist in the body. It only holds the body together. For those who have heard about the aura, well, that symbolizes the soul. The soul is basically a lover of freedom. It likes to be free and move wherever it pleases. It feels restricted in the body. That is why sleep has been created. During sleep, the soul takes off.
• As we align the body, mind and soul and coordinate their operations, the need for sleep becomes less as the soul feels the freedom within the body itself.
• The Devil does not exist. Religious bodies, to scare people into visiting churches or temples and take advice from the religious elders, created him. This made them feel powerful.